Week 1. 51 weeks left.
It’s a new year and it’s already been a tough week.
Owning a business is hard and often stressful. We’re having issues with cash flow and it’s quickly turning into bad debt.
We’re owed money from a couple of customers who have been especially slow at paying over the New Year period. It’s really disheartening knowing that you’ve worked hard and earned the money but it’s just not turning up in your bank account. Issues like this are common for a small business, you just have to learn from it and ensure it doesn’t happen again.
I can’t let issues like this get me down. I have to focus on the highlights of the week.
1. We’ve did a bit a work of PWC. That’s a pretty huge name to get on the client list!
2. My brother, who I haven’t seen for four years, came to visit.
3. We’ve got a whole bunch of new business emails sat in the inbox, hopefully it’ll lead to some exciting work and sort out our cash flow issues.
4. VR Connects takes place in a week. We’ve been on the advisory board for the conference and it’s been awesome to help organise something of this scale. I’m also compering on stage for day 1, it’s my first time doing something like this. Always exciting to be put outside your comfort zone.
5. I got to go to the gym at least once. I will burn off the festive shame that comes with eating chocolate for breakfast.
6. A client paid and we made some money this week by selling off some older kit. I’m one step closer to digging my way out of this overdraft.
This entry isn’t quite as long as I would want it to be but it’s a start. As I continue, I expect these to get longer. For now it’ll do.
Let’s get week 2 going. See you soon.